ARISE — Together in Christ
Check out this "ARISE Interview" from the Diocese of Altoona-Johnstown on Vimeo."
This is a three-year program being offered over five, six-week periods, during the seasons of fall and Lent. We encourage you to attend all of the sessions, but it is not required. Each six-week session has a specific theme and are 90 minutes. A book for each six-week period will be necessary and available for an $11.00 purchase. Saint Rose of Lima will have several parishioners, along with Fr. Brian, who will be leading the different groups, of this faith sharing program.
The Benefits of ARISE are:
- Enables parishioners to develop a closer relationship with Christ.
- Deepens faith through prayer and sharing in small communities.
- Encourages putting faith into action in daily life.
- Foster spiritual renewal and bonds of friendship in the parish.
- Offers specific approaches and resources for inviting parishioners.
- Emphasizes outreach to youth and young adults.
Season Four will begin soon!
ARISE Together in Christ faith sharing groups will begin again with Season Four the week of February 24, 2020. The theme this Season is "New Heart, New Spirit". Some reasons to sign up to participate in the ARISE Together in Christ with our fellow parishioners here at Saint Rose of Lima are:
- To know God better...We talk more freely about our faith, and hear how God has impacted other peoples' lives.
- To grow Spiritually...We see more clearly how the Holy Spirit has touched our lives and we become more willing to ask for the Spirits guidance.
- To meet new people... Praying and reading the Bible with others brings people closer, new relationships are formed and deepened.
- To improve ourselves... Wherever we are in our relationships with Christ, there is always room for improvement. Being in a small faith sharing community offers this opportunity.
Please think about being part of the small faith sharing groups as we begin Season Four the week of February 24th. More information will follow in the coming weeks. If you have questions please call Carole Housum at 695-7249 or email DCSUM@atlanticbb.net.
Child Abuse Prevention
- Reporting Child Abuse
- 5 Steps to Protecting Our Children™
- Ten Tips for Protecting Children and Offering Outreach to Victims/Survivors
- Novena for Protection and Healing from Abuse
Online giving to Saint Rose of Lima, via PayPal, is now available.
You do not need to create or have a PayPal account to donate.
If you're not able or interested in donating online via PayPal, visit our additional information page to learn of other ways you can financially help support our parish home.
And, if you don't have online access, contact Fr. Brian at 944-8509, to learn how you can help our parish home, financially-speaking or otherwise.
Thank you to all our testers for taking the time to test the process out! Your efforts were greatly appreciated!
You can now submit prayer requests, from our website, to our Parish Prayer Chain.
Saturday — 4:00 PM
Sunday — 8:00 AM, 10:30 AM
Monday — Friday - 8:30 AM
See the Bulletin
Visit masstimes.org to find a convenient Catholic Church.
Saturday — 12:00 Noon and after 4:00 PM Mass
Baptism of Infants and Young Children
Parents should contact the rectory well before an expected Baptism, before birth when possible, to prepare for and schedule baptisms. Call the Rectory Office at 814-944-8509 to learn more.
A two-year formal preparation begins when your child is enrolled in Religious Education, either while attending the Parochail School or Saint Rose of Lima Sunday School. To learn more, contact Bernice Shoenfelt at 814-944-8509.
First Holy Communion
A two-year formal preparation begins when your child is enrolled in Religious Education, either while attending Parochial School or Saint Rose of Lima Sunday School. To learn more, contact Bernice Shoenfelt at 814-944-8509.
Preparation begins in grade nine. To learn more, contact Bernice Shoenfelt at 814-944-8509.
Adults and older children considering a Religious Vocation may contact the Rectory at 814-944-8509.
Couples interested in celebrating the Sacrament of Matrimony must meet with a priest at least nine months before the proposed wedding date. To learn more, contact Father Saylor or Father Spishak at 814-944-8509.
Anointing of the Sick
Arrangements can be made by contacting the Rectory at 814-944-8509.
RCIA means Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults and Children. Christian Initiation is a spiritual journey of adults and children. It is a process by which uncatechized individuals and individuals Baptized in another Christian denomination learn about the Catholic Church. Catholic sponsors who are willing to share their faith experiences with new members and journey with them throughout the process are always needed. Those seeking to become Catholic may contact the Rectory at 814-944-8509.
If you would like to have our Parish Prayer Chain pray for your intentions, please comelete the form below. A copy of what you submit will be sent to the email address you provide below. All fields are required.